SCRIP – Gift Certificates
Schedule for 2015-2016 School Year:
- MONDAYS AND FRIDAYS ONLY THROUGH THE BACKPACKS (when school is in session and only when it is a FULL day of school-orders will not be fulfilled on half days-please plan accordingly-this does not apply to children attending half day PK – their orders are filled before they leave at noon)
- Sundays from 10:00 – 11:15 am – Father Curran Hall (under St. David Church)
- Tuesdays from 7:00 – 7:30 pm – St. David Rectory
- Fridays from 9:30 – 10:00 am – St. David Rectory
Welcome back to school! After a fun summer, our hectic school schedules are about to begin. Some of you bought your scrip all summer long, but most will be getting back into the swing of things this fall.
The purpose of this program is to RAISE MONEY TO CURB YOUR TUITION COSTS.
It is a fundraiser for you, the families! You earn 90% of the discount for each merchant towards your tuition costs.
We will send you a letter in May 2016 notifying you of your accrued tuition credit. All funds earned are then forwarded to the tuition office in June, 2016 and applied towards your tuition due, beginning in July 2016.
We have a short list of directions for you:
1) Cover your colored gift card envelope (the envelope which will be sent home in early September) in contact paper ASAP.
2) Write your grocery store/local merchant scrip order on the enclosed slip and put it with your check (made payable to St. David, NOT Queen of Angels – very important!) or cash into the colored envelope. (DO NOT SEAL THE ENVELOPE.)
3) On any Monday or Friday that school is in session for a FULL day, put the envelope in your child’s backpack – they will be called to the office during lunch when we are there to fill orders.
4) Your order will be filled and returned to you through your child’s backpack the same day!
5) In order to enjoy the convenience of sales through the backpacks, we fill backpack orders in the following way. Those children in grades 2-8 who have a backpack order will be called to the office during lunch. We will fill the order immediately and we will give the envelope directly back to your child. For PK-3, PK-4, Kindergarten and 1st grade students who have a backpack order, we go directly to those classrooms and fill the orders, placing the envelopes directly into the child’s folder. UNDER THIS SYSTEM, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR MISPLACED ORDERS!
Denominations for Grocery Stores are as follows
- Acme $10, $25, $100 5% discount
- Giant $5, $10, $20, $25, $50, $100 5% discount
- ShopRite $10, $25, $100 6% discount
- Weis $10, $25, $100 5% discount
Local Merchants Available Monday and Friday on same slip as enclosed Grocery Slip
- Bonnet Lane $10 10% discount
- Flynn and O’Hara $25 10% discount
- Miller’s Ale House $25 approx. 17% discount
(at manager’s discretion-that is why we say “approximately”)
- Rita’s Water Ice (in season) $5, $10 10% discount
A SEPARATE LIST OF SPECIALTY STORES is available at www.scrippro.com. We place an order for these stores ONCE A MONTH. The first specialty order will be due Friday, Sept. 18th and, due to school being closed on Sep. 25th, the fulfilled orders will be sent home on Monday, September 28th. (For future reference, normally, orders are due on a Friday and sent home the following Friday.)
As previously noted, Danielle and I will be stepping down from running the scrip program this coming May (2016)! We have lined up two extremely capable and energetic replacements in Jen Koch and Nancy Lennox. That being said, as they learn the “ins and outs” over this school year and prepare to take over the reins in June 2016, please be as patient with them as you are with us! Thanks in advance!
If you are new to the program, or have any questions, please call
Carol Nama at 215-784-9384 or Danielle Swider at 215-706-4301
or email Carol at email@example.com.
Keep up the good work and have a great school year!