SCRIP – Gift Certificates
Gift Certificate (“Scrip”) Program
Save BIG on tuition!
Welcome back to school! After a fun summer, our hectic school schedules are about to begin. Some of you bought your scrip all summer long, but most of you will be getting back into the swing of things this month.
The purpose of this program is to raise money to CURB YOUR TUITION COSTS. It is a fundraiser for the school families! You earn 90% of the discount for each merchant and it is applied towards your tuition costs. This year our Queen of Angels families saved over $17,000 in tuition for this upcoming year!
We will send you a letter in May 2017 notifying you of your accrued tuition credit. All funds earned are then forwarded to the tuition office in June, 2017 and applied towards your tuition due, beginning in July 2017.
We have a short list of directions for you:
1) Cover your gift card envelope (it’s labeled SCRIP and you will receive it through your youngest/only child’s backpack no later than Fri., Sept. 9th) in contact paper ASAP.
2) Write your grocery store order on any piece of paper and put it with your check, made out to ST. DAVID (NOT Queen of Angels-very important!) or cash into the scrip envelope. (DO NOT SEAL THE ENVELOPE!)
3) On any Monday or Friday that school is in session for a FULL day, put the envelope in your youngest child’s backpack – they will be called to the office during lunch when we are there to fill orders.
4) Your order will be filled and returned to you through your child’s backpack the same day!
5) In order to enjoy the convenience of sales through the backpacks, we fill orders in the following way. Those children in grades 1-8 who have an order will be called to the office during lunch. We will fill the order immediately and we will give the envelope directly back to your child. For PK-3, PK-4 and kindergarten students who have an order, we go directly to those classrooms and fill the orders, placing the envelopes directly into the child’s folder. UNDER THIS SYSTEM, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR MISPLACED ORDERS!
Denominations for grocery stores/local merchants are as follows:
Acme l $10, 25, 100 5% discount
Bonnet Lane $10 10% discount
Flynn and O’Hara $25 10% discount
Giant $5, 10, 25, 50, 100 5% discount
Grub Burger $25 10% discount
Rita’s Water Ice (in season) $5, 10 10% discount
ShopRite $10, 25, 100 6% discount
Weis Markets $10, 25, 100 5% discount
Miller’s Ale House $25 16% discount
A separate list of available specialty stores can be found at www.shopwithscrip.com and special orders are placed approximately once a month. The first special order will be due Friday, September 23rd and the fulfilled orders will be sent home on Friday, Sept. 30th.
If you are new to the program or if you have any questions, please feel free to call or text Jen Koch at 215-514-4395 or email us at StDavidScrip@gmail.com . Keep up the good work and have a great school year!
Schedule for 2016-2017 school year:
Mondays and Fridays through the backpacks (when school is in session and only when it is a full day of school – orders will not be fulfilled on half days – please plan accordingly)
Sundays from 10:00 until 11:00 am in Father Curran Hall (under St. David Church)
Tuesdays from 7:00 until 7:30 pm at St. David Rectory
Fridays from 9:30 until 10:00 am at St. David Rectory